For information on mold removal in Grand Rapids Contact Us @ 616-947-4481!

Could this be Mold?

Mold can be found just about anywhere, but don’t let that lure you into thinking it’s harmless – it isn’t! The dangers that mold presents manifest itself in more ways than one and the worst thing about mold is that as long as the spores can get enough oxygen and moisture, they can grow on any organic substance, including foods, carpet, paper, wood, and insulation.

How to Identify Black Mold in My Home

When excess moisture accumulates on a surface, mold is likely grow if the source of moisture is not addressed within just a few days time. Mold reproduces by making spores that can only be seen with the help of a magnifier and the assistance of a professional to be properly identified. 

Where Does Mold Grow?

Wet or damp surfaces indoors serve as perfect spots for mold to grow. It isn’t uncommon to find mold growing on basement walls, bathroom tiles, and places close to windows where moisture condenses. Common sources of moisture or water problems that lead to the growth of mold include deferred maintenance, roof leaks, condensation associated with dampness, localized flooding, poor design or malfunction of humidification systems and slow leaks in plumbing fixtures. Another source of moisture that leads to the growth of mold is uncontrolled humidity, especially in hot, humid climates. Mold spores grow by digesting the surface they are growing on. With time, they’ll destroy that surface.

Mold Health Risks

The very first thing that most people notice is the "musty" odor that mold gives off. Even if you don't see mold the odor means you probably have it. The Identified health problems associated with mold are include allergic reactions, headaches, skin irritation, aggravation of asthma symptoms and breathing difficulties.

Mold is dangerous, and if left unchecked can lead to health complications, the severity just depends on the level of exposure, age, and sensitivity of the persons exposed. 

Some health complications that could result from mold exposure include; 

Allergic Reactions: touching mold or mold spores could lead to allergic reactions, especially if you’re quite sensitive. These reactions may be immediate or delayed and could manifest as fever-like symptoms like skin rash (dermatitis), red eyes, runny eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. It doesn’t matter if the mold is dead or alive, if you’re generally sensitive, contact with mold will lead to allergic reactions. And repeated exposure to mold could turn non-sensitive individuals to mold-sensitive individuals. 

Asthma: Mold can trigger asthma, even in non-allergic individuals. If you already have asthma, the irritants that mold produces may worsen their asthma.

Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis: Hypersensitivity pneumonitis may arise from either long-term (chronic) or short-term (acute) exposure to mold.

Irritant Effects: Individuals exposed to molds could get irritation in their lungs, throat, nose, skin, eyes and may experience a burning sensation in these areas.

Opportunistic Infections: Mold exposure may weaken your immune system and leave you vulnerable to all sorts of opportunistic infections. 

How to Get Rid of Mold 

Mold removal in Michigan cannot be a DIY project! The best and only way to effectively get rid of mold for good is to enlist the services of professionals – professionals like us at Abate-Pro. 

At Abate-Pro our team are experts in mold remediation. We are the leading company in mold removal in Grand Rapids and across Michigan to call for all your mold removal service needs. Exposure to mold can lead to severe health problems – the time to act is now! 

We Follow EPA Guidelines – Even In Homes

Although a guideline was published by the EPA for remediating mold in commercial buildings and schools, there are no Federal standards for mold; there are also no defined federal standards for the level of mold exposure that equates a certain level of risk.

At Abate-Pro, we are expert mold removal professionals in Michigan, and we have the knowledge and experience required to handle mold removal jobs of all sizes, be it a private residence or a public facility. 

The first step to mold control is moisture control. Mold spores need water and food to survive, and because they can feed on almost anything, all they really need is water to survive anywhere. When there is water damage in any part of your home or facility, it is crucial that you dry it up within 48 hours to prevent mold from growing there. As long as you can control moisture, mold growth can be controlled. We will help you with moisture control after which we will encapsulate affected areas with a fungicidal protective coating.

Contact us today with any questions you may have and our experienced estimators will provide the answers you need to make your lead removal process as quick and as easy as possible! 

They say a stitch in time saves nine, this time it could save lives! 



Additional information here: - indoor air quality - keep mold out of your home            

We provide:



  • Certified Professionals
  • Advanced Equipment
  • Rapid Response Service
  • Quality Results

Additional Services

For more information Contact Us @ 616-947-4481

-or drop us a line!

Rapid Response Service. Call us when you need us!

Abate-Pro LLC

Belmont, Michigan 49306, United States

(616) 947-4481